Monday 6 September 2010

A Brilliant Day

Posted by: Mr Madeley

The children are hoping to be able to post from tomorrow, but I promised them I would let you know how it is going when I got home. I have been with the Year 6 all day, and left them at bedtime after a very successful first day.
The journey went without a hitch and we settled in very quickly at the centre once we arrived. After lunch we went on our Local Area Adventure. This was a hike up the crags that overlook Cowling. Ante and Alex, our leaders made it great fun and we reached our goal, Lund's Tower at the top. The views were great.
We had tea when we got back to the centre. Our evening activity was the Labyrinth, a man-made, wooden "cave" system under the centre. It was wonderful fun and quite a challenge, but we all managed to do it. I left them all very feeling very proud of themselves and satisfied with an excellent day.

No comments:

Post a Comment